COVID SAFE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR
STAFF, STUDENTS AND PARENTS
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR TEACHERS
- Attendance registers are to be vigilantly taken.
- Masks are not currently mandatory however teachers may choose to wear them if they wish – if the government changes the rules regarding masks teacher must wear masks unless teaching or demonstrating.
- Teachers must stay home if they have any cold or flu like symptoms and not return to work until they receive a negative COVID test.
- Teachers are to wash their hands upon entering the building as well as between each class.
- Teachers are not to physically adjust students.
- Teachers will wipe down all high touch surfaces (barres, door handles, taps etc.) between every class.
- Teachers will modify classes adding extra breaks and stopping and starting more often to lower the risk of sweating and heavy breathing.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS
- Masks are not currently mandatory however students may wear them if they wish – if the government reintroduces mandatory mask wearing, all students 12 years and old must wear masks (unless performing strenuous exercise in class, teachers will decide when masks can be removed).
- Students under the age of 12 are not required to wear a face covering but may chose to if they wish.
- All students must have their own drink bottle.
- Students must stay home if they have any cold or flu like symptoms, if a student attends with any symptoms, teachers will contact parents to return and pick their child up immediately.
- Students are to wash their hands upon entering the building and between each class.
- All students are to arrive in full uniform where possible.
- Students must keep their hands to themselves at all times.
- Students are to remain on the social distancing squares marked on the floor at all time during class.
- Students are to remain at the studio for minimal time possible, arrive just before class begins and leave as soon as class is over.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR PARENTS
- Parents are to drop students off at the front door of the studio building where the teacher will collect them and escort them to the studio: parents are not permitted to enter the dance studio.
- Parents to sign their dancer in via the QR code at the entrance.
- Masks are not currently mandatory however parents may wear them if they wish – if the government rules regarding mask wearing changes parents must wear a face covering unless they have a medical reason not to.
- Make sure Dance Union Studios have up to date contact details for both the primary and secondary emergency contacts for students so we can contact you if the student is unwell and needs to be picked up or in the unlikely event of a case being present in anyone at the studio.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- All rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
- High touch areas such as door handles, barres, taps etc. will be wiped down between every class.
- Hand towels have been replaced with paper towel in the bathroom and kitchen.
- All shared equipment will be wiped down between every class and disinfected daily.
- Where possible teachers will limit the amount of extra equipment used in class.
- All cleaning supplies are only to be used by teachers or assistant teachers.
Dance Union Studios (DU) adheres to all Child Safety Standards set by the Victorian Government.
To view our commitment to Child Safety and the code of conduct, click on the links below:
Dance Union Studios are registered members of peak bodies including, but not limited to: Ausdance and the Dance Arts Alliance.
All staff have Working with Children's Checks, First Aid and CPR, relevant teaching qualifications, receive mentoring, supervision and participation regular development and training.
BY ENROLLING YOUR CHILD INTO DANCE UNION,
YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY OUR STUDIO POLICY
Any student wishing to enrol at Dance Union Studios must first complete the online registration. This is available on our website: https://www.danceunionstudios.com/enrolment
Parents/guardians are responsible for communicating absences with the Dance Union Studios office. The office must be notified in advance if a student is going to be absent from class. There are no refunds for missed classes.
Fees are advertised in the Dance Union Studios information pack. Class fees are invoiced by the term. The full term invoice must be paid, regardless of the number of classes the student wishes to attend (or actually attends). There will be be no refunds, credits, or transfers if the full term isn't completed.
When enrolling in our classes, you are committing to a service contract for a complete term. Dance Union Studios do not offer refunds for cancellations.
The uniform set out by Dance Union Studios is compulsory for all students. The set uniform must be worn to all classes. Students, who do not wear the correct uniform to class, will not be able to participate in or observe the class. Uniform items that have been cut, are ripped or torn, or are damaged are not permitted in class.
Dancers must have a valid email address and contact phone number. Where the student is under 18 years of age, they must have a parent/guardian manage their enrolment. Important information, invoices and newsletters will be emailed to the parent, at the provided email address. It is the responsibility of at least one parent/guardian to read newsletters and emails that are sent from Dance Union Studios to keep informed.
STUDIO LOYALTY POLICY
It is a conflict of interest to attend more than one studio. Students are not permitted to attend another dance studio as well as Dance Union Studios without written permission from the Director/Principal.
Dancers/Parents are not permitted to video or photograph classes, students or staff at anytime, unless given permission by the staff or individuals involved. All students are required to agree or disagree to the Dance Union Studios media release agreement upon enrolment.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Dance Union Studios have set up and will maintain safe dance environments for their students. Appropriate emergency procedures exist and staff understand the procedures relevant to their location. Dance Union Studios staff have the responsibility and authority to ensure that health and safety objectives are achieved. They will identify and eliminate unsafe acts, procedures, conditions, equipment, and hazards of all kinds. Behaviour from dancers, parents or visitors that may cause an unsafe environment, will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of the dancer or parent/guardian to inform Dance Union Studios of any prior or current illnesses or injuries prior to enrolment or prior to class. In the event of an injury, Dance Union Studios will administer First Aid treatment by a qualified first aider. If medical services are necessary and an ambulance required, the dancer/parent will incur the costs. Physical contact may be required. Dance Union Studios MUST be notified of any allergies that a dancer may have. Emergency evacuation maps are located around the premise. Fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets are located within the premises. Any dancer who has been diagnosed by a Medical Practitioner as being at risk of anaphylaxis should bring an epipen to class and leave it with the teacher, labelled with their name. This epipen will be administered by a first aider if required, under the instruction of 000 staff if an emergency arises.
FOOD, DRINK, ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
Food and/or drink is not permitted in the studio, with the exception of a water bottle. Food and/or drink must only be consumed in the allocated waiting areas or break rooms. Dance Union Studios request that nuts are not brought on the premises, however cannot ensure that the premises is 'nut free'. The possession or consumption of illicit or non-prescribed drugs or alcohol is not acceptable at any time. Parents, dancers, volunteers and/or employees must not arrive at Dance Union Studios or any event representing Dance Union Studios, impaired by the effects of illicit drugs or alcohol.
BEHAVIOUR / CONDUCT POLICY
Dance Union Studios does not tolerate swearing, indecent or disrespectful language, defamatory comments, or indecent or disrespectful conduct from dancers, staff, parents/guardians, family members, or visitors. Any individual who demonstrates any of the above will be asked to withdraw from Dance Union Studios immediately. This behaviour includes at the premises or outside of the premises, social media or on the internet. Negative communications between parents and/or dancers will not be tolerated by Dance Union Studios. Where negative communications take place, the parents and students involved will be asked to withdraw from Dance Union Studios immediately. Any person who does not comply with Dance Union Studios' Terms and Conditions will forfeit their position at Dance Union Studios and, to the extent permitted by law, will not be entitled to refund.
The following will not be tolerated in person, via email, via text messaging or via the internet; Verbal abuse or shouting, physical abuse, excluding or isolating a person, psychological harassment, humiliating a person through sarcasm, criticism or insults, ignoring or belittling a person’s contribution or opinion. Where any persons feel that they are the victim of bullying, they should discuss the matter directly with the person/people concerned and request an end to the behaviour. Should this approach fail or be inappropriate, the victim can contact the Dance Union Studios office for assistance is resolving the matter.